Wednesday 24 September 2014

Morning Mumble: Who is Ian trying to fool & something perhaps worth covering...

Its been an amusing morning, with Ian trying to covert me to an iPhone 6 by sending me one! I am not sure who is more the fool, myself not wanting it or him for sending it. Its nice to have friends like these, but all the same, when all the muppets stop using iPhone's I shall start.

So with that in mind, I've gone all trendy and its time to say goodbye to my Blackberry Bold 9900 hello full-time use of Samsung S5. My BBerry was my work horse, very rarely has the phone let me down, it's been washed, had the odd drink (and been replaced) but battery wise, Apple, Samsung couldn't touch it. . Now I find myself having to manage what what information is shared, stolen (oops I mean taken) and better still an app to control the television for which I rarely watch. So, as Ian will now have a spare one, best offers to him quickly, you might get it cheap as he's already got one! 

Do not get me wrong, I love the Apple-Vision, it's a goliath of cleverness and is positive for the god knows how many that work in its supply chain. See UBS's recent version covered on ML. I fear for the first person I know wearing an "iWatch". Apple will continue to strive forward albeit the pace is going to be significantly slower as the competition up their efforts. Saying that, Samsung are in the same boat with "China launch for new Samsung phone"



With the amount of 'news' £1.75M placing...for Nostra Terra Oil (NTOG), this will evidently make the promoters think twice about firing out buy notes, well at least for 5 mins. Similarly, having topped out of RGM, I could see the sense in the Horse Hill investment, but what are Regency Mining playing at with their investment in the West Virginia Shallow-Oil Project. It may be positive, it may not, but my question is, are RGM's other investments not progressing? What is RGM's focus, its quite clear the acknowledge they are not experts in this field from their last newsletter update, so why are they continuing down this path? 

On to the positives of AIM, Sirius Minerals have been studying vegetable growth, when reading the crop study results one can be forgiven for thinking they gave out out free samples to analysts at a mining conference to study the result. The positives from actual Cabbage Crop Study Results are:

  • POLY4 improved cabbage yield and growth whilst maintaining quality
  • POLY4 outperforms SOP in yield by 7% and MOP by 105% in a 'straights' tria
  • POLY4 based NPK blend delivers a significant 90% yield increase over traditional MOP based blend
One has to wonder will SXX be allowed to progress on its own. The viability, for which I researched some time ago, was shot down by analysts because the studies I quotes were small scale, nor backed by the relevant research authorities. Nowit appears to be proving the positives of the earlier studies in to polyhalite. Please also see:  ICL Fertilizer Arm to Expand Polyhalite Mining in England & Intercontinental Potash Corporation Presention into polyhalite (see page 5) and Trigon's Intercontinental Potash Corp. Provides Update of Operations (2009).

Now if ever there was a concern about a company it's the fact the best they can do is, as a junior, buyback their own shares. Ovoca Gold Plc (OVG) proposes to buy back up to 20% of their capital. With arbitration going on there may be some upside, but OVG haven't realised why they're discounted to asset/cash value. Perhaps they'd also like to explain why Directors remuneration remuneration (page 51) cost  of €1/2M (Euros) a year whilst earning the shareholders what? 

No time to cover the oilers again! Albeit those that ook the prudent profit from May 2014 on Tangiers Petroleum will be thanking themselves for after today's announcement. Someone turn the lights off...

Atb Fraser

2 comments:

  1. Now this may come as a surprise to certain parties, http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-23/china-s-too-big-to-fail-developers-lead-dollar-bond-gains.html Shocking I know....fancy that! Atb Fraser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fraser- Hi- Yes, SXX have had to create a market for polyhalite as it has been left in the ground as unsellable at Boultby mine for decades and now, after doing their best to stall/stop the York project, they are believers too and will cash in on the massive levels of demand that will follow the crop studies done so far and in progress. The numbers from some are staggering and market for polyhalite at say $150/$190 per ton should be transformational for the potash market, given the price differentials and effectiveness. The other players in this market will be v v keen to avoid or control this disruptive newcomer. Jan 2015 will be v interesting- I expect approval and then a corporate move, as this would be the best point to strike. But that's just me and my conspiracy theories.

    Re gold- thanks for that info- I was expecting a period of stabilization at the $1,200 level or so, in line with most here, but I will reconsider now. It was interesting to see Kefi have halved the capex on the TK project v the Nyota figure, and without dropping prod to far either. It only goes to show how poorly NYO assessed that asset and almost gave it away looking at todays RNS. Not that that will be my play- CEY looking favourite at present.

    Cheers. The Leggie

    ReplyDelete