Monday 23 June 2014

Morning Mumble: Cyan Plc (CYAN), Ithaca and...+ (Health & Safety)

Cyan & Vodafone m2m Team Up's news came in today. The company is unloved for clear reasons, perhaps the market and/or the Company were guilty of over-expectation in the markets that Cyan is attempting to operate at a profitable level. It was not so long ago, I was in discussions with a couple of chaps to look at considering an acquisition. 

Cyan's tech I rate, I do have to question the purpose of the company being listed previously. Its my thought they came to the market too early and as such have devalued themselves/the brand. Perhaps this was their only option? There's been a steady stream of news more recently, which adds a 'placing' risk to the stock but certainly one to start considering, if the news can actually keep coming which is of more significance than the Team Up, and the following:

The First retrofit commercial order - India came in with a paltry 5K units being ordered which won't really pay the bills, with the order being more than likely Q/2015 recognised. This in-conjunction with the Update on Metering Partnership in Brazil has given some support the stock. Patience required, but at least a consideration if the targets are met. At 5K units per 6 months, it's not one to currently get excited about, perhaps wait post any placing? To re-evaluate. 

It was bemusing to see the Iron Ore price over the weekend up tick a fraction, no guesses for why! This however provided some moderate relief for the usual suspects, so expect some of the same on the FTSE today.

This morning 9am GMT, I am being trained in the dark arts of "Avabot" operations. I'm not sure why I'm being trusted with an electric web/communication machine but the HSE training was perhaps "rather obvious." Also, can someone explain to me how if I'm not there in person, how I'm meant to put my fingers into the wheel or operate a screwdriver; surely someone won't screwdriver me! So for those more excited about tech



In my brief today, its off the radar a little but Ithaca Energy's acquisition of of Sumitomo Corporation's subsidiary Summit Petroleum Limited is a very shrewd move. Expect more consolidation in this sector but the move, albeit pricey compared to others looks well placed for shareholders. Obviously the pricing of the senior notes offering will have to be consider as this could add around 11% to the costs, certanly now a way forward for Ithaca.

Kromek, Contract Win and Grant Allocation from UK Gov+ is a positive but not sufficient to maintain the valuations. Yes the longer-term eyes will benefit will if the Company can hit the revised targets etc...for myself I'm now starting to review what/which position I'll be taking. 

Its worth noting that gold had its biggest trades the other day for near 2/3 years. The last time this occurred the yellow stuff ran, albeit not the way longs liked! Is it enough to start some directional movement, or as I was told, gold needs to consolidate to stabilise before appreciating...time will tell. (no gold futures positions) only physical holdings.

Atb Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment