Thursday 23 January 2014

Ideals: Rurelec (LSE: RUR)

In an ideal world, I would like an announcement of the listing in Santiago sooner rather than later so they may take the risks forward for those that have carried the company this far forward. I've had a few messaged about how to trade this stock and for the long-terms its my view you should have banked significant profits already and still have skin in the game.

There is no point whatsoever in travelling 36+mths in trading or buying to not do anything upon the news. That's my view others may differ, but I certainly wasn't screaming for Iofina to go back to £2+ now it's at a pound because I sold pretty much all . Common-sense prevails, but make sure you have a plan, whether that's over the really long-term or not is your call but have some definition to your investment. 

For Ian and I, its the culmination of hard work, we've attended various conference to learn and various seminas on Third Party Funding, International Arbitration and in some cases, been very lucky to have good friends whom work in the Industry. This doesn't mean Ian or I will always get it right, but its common-sense investing based on the principles of "did they have an asset...etc..etc.."

Rurelec, as some people know that I speak to, was originally short-term investment sell up "on the international arbitration" and move on to the next. My view has changed where I will keep some in for the longer-term because it'll have all the ingredients to move forward and pay a dividend one day. That's for everyone to decide on their own, if you sell up and the price tanks, that's your call, your decisions. No one can be blamed and best of success in whatever profit you take. 


All the best, Fraser

5 comments:

  1. Fraser and Ian

    Thanks for your comments- I completely agree that we all have different timescales and approaches on here and its not fair for you to have to field "what do I do now?" messages from all and sundry. Hopefully we have all made some money along the way and now have our own strategies going forward- I see the Santiago listing as a major catalyst and Im glad they have delayed that listing until after the Bolivia news, as I feel its impact could be significant over the coming months, based on some research into the prices of power generators on that exchange v RUR. But that's just me with my mainly Long head on....

    Ian- yes- 50 celebrated at Langar Hall- great venue and impeccably hosted, even if the noise levels probably disturbed the wildlife for miles around. I now need to replace the alcohol in my bloodstream with at least a little blood :-))

    Cheers. The Leggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with those invested for a specific reason and without a decent plan ahead will shaft themselves because everyone will run to the door at once. The listing in Santiago will clearly underpin the International Arbitration award.

    Ian, I and respective partners (Ian's had plenty) were at a wedding their awhile back. Was a fab evening/day. Hope you had a good one Leggie. Back to RUR, I have to wonder whether there will be a 'random' corporate action in a few months that pleasantly will surprise most people. (Cryptic).

    One of Ian's long-termers has come in finally, with Fusion Plc three fold since 2011, can't be bad. This time he may actually sell...He always sighs at that comment!

    Atb Fraser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fraser

    FIP- well done to Ian there- the last few years figures have been a bit ropey for them but I guess IP Group have some idea what those start ups are worth, so I presume Ian will take the shares and remain fully invested .... haha... our comments may provoke a top slice at the very least... you never know :-)) My current BTG holding came from 4 different takeovers in part, so the long hold sometimes works out for the best :-))

    Cheers. The Leggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leggie the wise old boy has conceded he will be selling! It has only taken since February of last year! Atb Fraser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fraser- lol- perhaps he has a "red" bill to pay- its best to keep the bailiffs off our properties in the main :-))

    Cheers. The Leggie

    ReplyDelete