Tuesday 11 March 2014

Just to annoy those Solar haters: Bluefield Solar Income Fund Limited (BSIF)

Bluefield Solar Income Fund Limited Director buys stock. The dread solar and the "what's in approach."

This is my slow road, for those that don't know I operate an "all in" policy on my pension. I don't value it and most of the contributions came about by the sale of a company I was involved in and it was allegedly tax efficient.  

I pick lower risk elements and throw the whole pot at it and due to the lack of value I place on a pension because lets face it, you can't rely on them and someone ends up owning a significant proportion of them once you cack it if you're tied into an annuity. Just a thought for those pension payers, "you pay me an amount per month X, in 40 years assuming you aren't dead, we'll pay you a percentage of X and a cash percentage of X. When you die we keep the lot less any life assurance/insurance entitlements and widow/ers benefits.  

So having been buying I'm pleased to announce I'm all in on Bluefield Solar (BSIF). The Dividend looks the best place at the moment when balanced with the risks...aka low risk with feed in tariffs. Albeit I dislike those "consultant" management agreements, surely the Directors are employed to do that anyway. However it would appear I'm the only one to think a Directors role is to advise on the business and increase profits and not have another consultancy/business agreement to provide other "services" not included in the Directorship. Alas, this shall be my SIPP home for a few months or until it hits my return % to move on...

Having been talking myself out of INSP (Inspirit Energy) I am committed myself to a position based on the "higher returns per unit than most others on the market for Micro-CHP Boilers." After the last "PR run" I wanted to short this stock, but unsurprisingly no one was offering positions, now it's at a more agreeable level, I've dipped my toe in the water. This comes under the category "punt" as some of the management's performance to date has exactly been electric; cough cough.

All the best, Fraser

2 comments:

  1. Fraser- good luck- 7% looks nice- I guess its more down to the gov feed in and guaranteed contracts than the sun shining- surely you arent going long on a sunny summer :-)) I better sell my umbrella shares quick....

    Cheers. The Leggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went the other way on my pension. For what it'll be worth, if I ever get to that age, I figured that as I'm considerably of less age than yourself , to plump for the second highest risk category( I couldn't find anything that Aegon offered with the highest risk category ha !) and I will assess the position once the market goes Pete Tong in a year or two ! (the 2011 return of -11% looks a particularly good year) :)

    ReplyDelete